Sunday, May 23, 2010

Garden Party 2010

Well, another May Long Weekend has arrived with the crappiest weather known to man!! I plan and I plan, I slave away over a hot stove, I clean until my fingers are raw. But does Mother Nature care?!?! Nope, not at all. The temperature hovered right around the freezing mark and the ground was of course so wet that the garden couldn't be tilled. But as Ben said, it was still really nice out!

We all had a nice time visiting and watching the kids play around. There was good food, great friends and lots of chaos. Everyone played outside and explored the acreage - especially the dogs! It was hilarious to watch them run and chase each other. We had 4 big Lab sized dogs tearing up the place, and little Stider watching calmly from the deck. He did try to um, get in on the action with Forester, but was quickly denied.





The kids did one craft where they painted rocks for the garden. They're super cute because while older kids would have made them into animals, we have incredibly colorful rainbows instead. It'd be neat to see them do this every year and watch their progression. Hopefully Kendall will practice a bit at home (with non-yogurt colors) and paint a bit more on the rock, and a bit less in her mouth. And I really did like the purple streak in Monica's hair! Seriously, it looked great!




The rocks from left to right: Kendall's, Madison's & Aerya's. I love how Aerya & Madison have the same idea for their rocks, but Maddy paints the whole rock with each side a different color, and Aerya's is just random splotches until she gets bored. Kendall kept most to the original concept as we can all see that she was painting Purrest the cat (whom her mother tried to bring indoors to defy Derek! Love it!






My favorite comment of the day came from Madison while she and Aerya were playing with sidewalk chalk. Aerya: "Look, I made an 'A'. I learned that from the internet." Madison: "Oh Aerya, you crack me up!"

The cows across the road came out for a visit and the kids went and fed them grass and the horses got apple slices. It was so cute to see all the cows lined up on their side of the fence, and all the kids and dads on the other.






I hope everyone had a good time at Fuzzy Acres. I'm hoping to make this an annual event, but maybe we'll do a combo dealy with Aerya's birthday on the first weekend of June. I think we'd have a better chance of catching the Magic Weather Fairies that weekend! If anyone wants, we will actually be planting next weekend and the one after that, so feel free to pop by (I mean it's just down the road!) and get dirty in the garden.

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time! Can't wait until the next Fuzzy Acres visit.

    ReplyDelete