Saturday, September 05, 2009

First Day of School




Aerya went to her first day of preschool this week! She did really well. There were no tears (at least on Aerya's part) though I was the last parent to leave the class. She kept saying "I know Mommy. Sigh." when I would try and tell her about what to expect, but when I'd try to leave she'd be all "Um, before you go Mommy..."

Home time was the cutest thing I'd ever seen! The parents entered the coatroom and waited for the kids. They were all sitting in a circle on little steps with their backpacks on, and hands folded neatly in their laps. There was absolute silence in the room. How the teachers managed to do that with 18 3-year-olds, I'll never know! The teacher called the first 5 kids to go home. They would say goodbye to the teachers, put away their steps and come into the coatroom, and so on.


Aerya said she had a great time at school and is really looking forward to next week!

1 comment:

  1. I can't begin to describe how amazing I find it that she's actually in school, learning, playing, and being a part of a class. She loves to play teacher at home with me as the student and her with her teacher whistle. But it seems different when she's actually there. I can't wait to take a day off and take her to school.

    ReplyDelete