Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dole Pineapple Factory

Pineapple Factory was pretty neat. We took a train ride that gave us a tour of the entire plantation and we saw the 20 someodd species of pineapple, along with the other plants that they produce.

My biggest disapointment was the quantity of free samples. I saw kabillions of pineapples...I got one tidbit to taste. Tisk, tisk Dole! LOL

We learned that pineapples grow on the ground (I assumed that they grew from trees), and that banana trees only produce one batch then are cut down and replanted. Hmm, learning while on vacation, I don't know if that's allowed.

I bought tons of souvenirs for the family, so that was really cool. Plus, Aerya loved feeding the koi at (yet another) pond. They actually fought to get the food.

Here's the link to the whole album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=143901&id=519351118&l=e9d4938df8

No comments:

Post a Comment