Friday, September 26, 2008

Rachel & Aly's Wedding









What a beautiful day! Though there were some timing mishaps the day went so well. The venue was gorgeous, and I would love to see it again later in the fall when all the leaves turn.

Rachel and Aly looked amazing and had that loving glow about them. We are so grateful to have been able to share their day with them.

Though Aerya was not thrilled with having to wait in her dress, she finally pulled herself together to (sortof) walk down the aisle. It litteraly was at the last second that we ran to get there before Rachel had walked down, but everyone was quite understanding of the temperment of a two-year-old who sat for over an hour.
After that, the ceremony went smoothly.

Andrea and I kept laughing about the guys being "back-together-again." Immediately thier IQs dropped about 25 points (each) and the conversations turned quicly to that which is better suited to the frat house. That being said though, Kathy, Andrea & I left them alone for 1.5 hours while we took Aerya home and they were mostly in one piece when we returned. There was their little talking to by the golf cart security that we'll just ignore. (Think of a tame tailgate party...at a wedding...)

We all reminisced, laughed, and laughed some more. Click here to see the rest of the pictures from the day. http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76732&l=242ef&id=519351118

4 comments:

  1. WHen I first saw her in her dress, I almost lost it. I'll explain: I can never Aerya beyond where she is right now. I can't picture her at 6 or at 12 or at 20. But when she first put on the dress, my heart caught a momentary glimpse of her on her wedding day, the pride I would feel, and the happiness we will share. It was wonderfully overwhelming.
    That one of her in her dress is one of my favorite pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I totally took that shot...TOOT TOOT for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding itself was amazing. It was perfect for them. Elegantly simplistic, wonderfully warm, and it was the type of thing I really wish we had done for ours.
    It was great to get "the guys" together again and I was reminded how much I miss Rachel and Aly and ANdrea...and I guess Moose!

    ReplyDelete