Saturday, November 18, 2006

She's finally here!








We never thought the day would arrive, but at 12:08 am on June 10, 2006 Aerya Rayne Mitchell was born. She was 8lbs and 20.5 inches long and so, so beautiful. While Aerya was such a strong trooper throughout our 28 hours of labour, I did not do quite so well. Thankfully, I've now completely recovered and am enjoying every moment with our new family.
Derek and Amber were amazing support people and they helped push me through the long hours. Though they do look very, very tired themselves!
My water broke at 8:00 pm on Thursday June 8 and we went right away to the hospital in Stony Plain because I immediately had strong contractions that were less than 3 mintues apart. Unfortunately, after 8 hours of this, I had only dilated one more centimeter (to 6) and would not go any farther so I got some ocitocin to help things along. I then pinched a nerve in my hip and needed an epidural for that pain. After another few hours with less than a centimeter of progress, we were transfered to the Sturgeon hospital in St. Albert. They gave me even more oxitocin, and I started pushing after 26 hours even though I was still only 8-9 cm. After 2 hours of pushing, they finally had to use a vacuum to get Aerya to come out. She must have just been so very comfy! Thankfully there were no problems whatsoever with her. As you can see, she's just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment